How Home Care Works For You
What is Home Care?
Today many seniors want to live in a familiar and comfortable setting which is most often their own home. However, due to a change in health or mobility some seniors find they need a little extra support around the house to stay independent, healthy and safe. At Trail Ridge Home Care we have the experience in senior healthcare and offer seniors and families a variety of services to help them maintain their independence and give loved ones peace of mind.
Trail Ridge Home Care services range from social companionship visits to supportive personal home care and specialized home memory care support.
When is Home Care right for you?
Often family members find themselves acting as primary caregivers to their loved ones. Over time caregiving responsibilities tend to increase as healthcare needs change and daily activities become more challenging. If you have questions or concern regarding your loved one’s supportive needs, Trail Ridge Home Care can help you learn about the options, choices and help determine if home care is right for you.
Questions to help you decide if home care is right for you.
If it is not clear if your loved one needs additional support from an home care agency you should consider talking with an expert to discuss your loved one’s living circumstances, safety issues and health status. The information gathered during a conversation or Care Consultation will help you and the home care agency make an informed decision.
- Is your loved one able to live a fulfilling life without additional care or support? Are they missing out on social engagements and activities that were once essential to them? Is isolation becoming a concern and effecting behavior or moods? Caregivers can change that situation and help restore a more fulfilling and active lifestyle.
- Is your loved one experiencing physical or mental issues that pose safety concerns? As we age it is natural to see physical and mental capabilities diminish and daily tasks and chores become more difficult. Support from a Caregiver can help your loved one maintain their independence and reduce safety risks.
- Is your loved one free from performing activities that are unsafe or cause pain and discomfort? A home Caregiver can provide assistance with specific tasks and daily activities freeing the client from these responsibilities and risks.
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above you should consider contacting home care provider to learn about the choices and service available to you.
How we provide home care and support
At Trail Ridge Home Care we understand everyone has a unique lifestyle and needs. We are also aware that introducing home care services into the life of your loved one is a big step.
To ensure a positive experience we arrange a Care Consultation with family members and loved ones. The meeting gives you an opportunity to ask questions and gain a clear understanding of our services and care philosophy. At the same time we learn in detail about your loved ones needs and specific circumstances. After the home care consultation our team creates a custom care and support plan to meet those needs. Plans are reviewed and updated as needs change over time.
Some of our most popular and helpful home care services include:
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation and nutritionally balanced meals
- Medication reminders
- Safety supervision
- Running errands
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
Home Care Consultation – What is it?
A Home Care Consultation is a vital step as we establish your home care services. Prior to starting your services we meet with family members and the client to discuss care needs, challenges, lifestyle and daily routine. We also take the time to make you aware of the choices available to you.
The information gathered, along with our experience in senior healthcare, enables us to identify areas of concern, evaluate the level of service needed and provide recommendations to ensure your loved one maintains a comfortable, safe and healthy lifestyle.
Following the Home Care Consultation we develop a customized care plan and schedule. We also begin reviewing potential Caregivers to meet your specific home care needs.
You can have peace of mind knowing you have a plan in place, and people working for you.
Our free, no obligation home Care Consultation is scheduled at your convenience and takes place in the home of your loved one. Click here to schedule your Care Consultation.